Helping Kids Develop a Walk with Jesus That Rattles
KidZone Children’s Ministry partners with parents to help kids develop a relationship—or walk—with Jesus that is vibrant! A “walk that rattles” is one that makes a difference in their life and in the lives of those around them.
Helping Parents Help Kids: Develop a Walk with God
Whether it's Sunday morning Children's church or summer camp - our goal is to bring kids into a personal relationship with Jesus that is real and vibrant with programs like these:
- Hug Haven Children's Church For kids age 5 through third grade, during both worship services at 8:30 and 11:15am, kids learn Bible stories and real-life lessons through skits, science experiments, puppets and great praise and worship time. Kids are dismissed from the worship service after communion for this ~45 minute program.
- Wee Worship Children's Church For preschoolers age 2 - 4. Kids can be dropped off at the start of each worship service at 8:30 or 11:15am, or stay through communion with the older children - whatever works for you! In Wee Worship, young children sing, pray, and learn about Jesus with caring adults.
- Staffed Nursery and Toddler Bible Class Even the littles learn about Jesus! Toddlers and infants receive continuous care available anytime you need it from 8:30am to 12:30pm. Fully staffed with wonderful caregivers who will love on your babies while you spend a little time away and enjoy the worship or Adult Fellowship Groups. For infants - age 2.
- Interactive Bible Labs Where Bible lessons are presented in interactive, dynamic, and fun ways in smaller groups of children of the same age or grade. Wonderful leaders/mentors will help them dig into the Bible story in exciting ways while providing fun opportunities to practice applying the truth of the story to their lives in a more personal setting than Hug Haven.
- Adventure Camp A summer experience for kids like none other! A week-long overnight spiritual growth experience for grades 2 through 5 held at Daybreak Camp. Families are welcome and encouraged! Pre-camper care is available for younger children so parents can be a part of the camping experience.
Helping Parents Help Kids: Develop a Walk with Others
KidZone seeks to help your child develop relationships with other kids and adults that will aid them in their walk. In their Learning Labs kids build bonds with other children their own age and make important connections with caring adult mentors. These relationships help children feel like they really belong to the church family.
- Rock 45: Where 4th and 5th graders learn to rely on The Rock of Jesus! Includes Sunday Interactive Bible classes and monthly events and activities designed to make 4th and 5th grade a time of fun, growth and service to others. This pre-teen group is all about kids building bonds with each other and with caring adults - bonds that will help carry them through the challenges of the teenage years.
- PowerKids 4th and 5th graders are encouraged to take on more responsibility and assist with the younger children in Hug Haven.
VBS - Dynamic worship, engaging activities, fun crafts and exciting Bible stories for ages 4-grade 5! VBS allows kids to develop connections with kids their own age as well as caring adult and teen volunteers over four evenings of action-packed adventure. Every third week of June in the evenings. Registration opens each year right after Easter.
Helping Parents Help Kids: Develop a Walk That Rattles
We want our kids to be able to make a difference in the world - a difference that is a result of their daily walk with Jesus.
- KidZone Food Offering - As kids are dismissed to Children's Worship/Hug Haven and Wee Worship - they can bring a food pantry item or money to the stage. The collection is used to serve others in our local community in need of help through our church's food pantry.
- CityTeam Christmas Cheer - Each November, our elementary kids' classes adopt adults from City Team Ministries and provide gifts of clothing and toiletries for their adopted friends.
- Made in the Streets - KidZone kids have annual projects and fundraisers to help the street kids of Nairobi, Kenya.
- Change A Life Ministries - Change a Life Academy ministers daily to children four-, five- and six-years-old living in Mathare North, Kenya. This area does not have many opportunities at all for young children to learn in a safe, loving, nurturing environment. CALA is a place for miracles!